Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro PCB Librarian mapping pin problem/ pins not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

laptop3d

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb mapping

Hi, I have allegro 16.01 (and it is the most unintuitive program in the world) I have built my own footprints using the footprint wizard and adding/modifying some pins. The problem that I have is when I load the footprint into Allegro PCB Librarian XL. I map the pins and save the part and get this error:

Pin(s) 1,2,3,4,5,6 is (are) not present in any package or symbol. You can choose Pins - Add from the Package Pin page and delete these pins. If the HAS FIXED SIZE value has been reduced, reload the part.

or

Pin(s) 1,2,3,4,5,6 is (are) not present in any package or symbol. You can choose Pins - Add from the Package Pin page and delete these pins. If the HAS FIXED SIZE value has been reduced, reload the part.

I'm thinking that the pin information did not get recorded somehow when I save the footprint. Have any Ideas on how to fix this error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back