Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10w Boost SMPS has crowded layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

eem2am

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing 10w boost smps on 1.5cm by 70cm pcb. (double sided)

it is for 8 to 17V in
27V out.

510KHz swith freq (at the moment)

It must have current controlled output as load is LEDs at 350mA.

There is a 0-5V input which when high, the LEDs must be off.

The trouble is, virtually the entire pcb area (top and bottom) is populated with components. This is making it very hard to ensure go" and return" tracks are next to each other, or directly above and below each other.

does any reader have any recommendations?

Hi eem2am,

Have you tried Nationals webench power design platform? You can look at several types of systems and optimize for eff or footprint.

Regards
Dfullmer

I've layed out lots of SMPS & in general lack of space is an issue on them - It's quiet difficult to predict how long the layout will require to complete, & there are compromises to be met all along the way. The best piece of advice I can give is to be patient, expect a lot of ripping up & trying again, even with experience they can be difficult. Make sure your I/O pins are optimally positioned, keep gate drives short & switch nodes as isolated as possible. If necessary use blind &buried vias to isolate digital & analog ccts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back