Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 100% Repair Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
ı have hp nx6325 laptop pc press power button but no power on please ı need block diagram vs vs vs

@ Sandip Golani
I want to install winxp in a laptop which has no cd or dvd drive and loaded with vista
its an HCL MILEAP laptop and company has provided CD with all the drivers for winxp and vista. pls tell me simplest method to install winxp.
Thanks in advance.

shamikrudra said:
@ Sandip Golani
I want to install winxp in a laptop which has no cd or dvd drive and loaded with vista its an HCL MILEAP laptop and company has provided CD with all the drivers for winxp and vista. pls tell me simplest method to install winxp.
Thanks in advance.
Hope it has a USB port. You may use a thumbdrive to load any OS...Cheers

Yes..you can do it but boot device shud be changed in the Bios setup...Cheers

i've asus eeepc having windows xp(no cd/dvd drives) with recovery disc.how can i format the netbook and reinstall the Os without external cd/dvd drive?

i think it is not possible to copy the contents of recovery disc to pen drive.

pl help

USB ports are common and now found on almost every laptops and desktops. Get an external USB Harddrive or CD rom drive or you may also boot through the Pen/thumb drive as mentioned earlier..

Hi Sandeep,

your work is appreciated, very good work.
all this information helps a lot.

thank you

Can we convert normal internal IDE CD Drive in to USB drive ? if yes how and what are the cost involved.

pavankumarssv said:
Hi Sandeep, your work is appreciated, very good work.
all this information helps a lot. thank you
Its actually the thread started by "sandeep golani" but now as hez busy counting money, and despite i am not an expert in Mother board repairs, i am answering all posiible questions...May i ask whom are you refering to?

shamikrudra said:
Can we convert normal internal IDE CD Drive in to USB drive ? if yes how and what are the cost involved.

Yes...you may convert the IDE drive to a USB drive. YOu get an adaptor PCB with USB 2.0 IN with IDE out. It cost about 500/- Rupees + in Bangalore. I am not sure in other places, but may ask computer vendors for an idea...Cheers

what is the proper name of the adopter which connects IDE drive to usb.
so that I can inquire in computer shop.
thanks.

Every computer vendor will know it. As it comes from China, no description is available. Its a palm or smaller sized card with Mini USB in and a female IDE on the other side. the kit comes with a mini driver CD....Google with "usb to ide converter" and you'll get minimum of 500 good sites with the info. **broken link removed**is one of them
Cheers

Hi.
I have nx6125 (4 years old). I have problems with startup. It starts, the lights switch on, but the LCD is dead and I hear the fan and hdd spinning on and off for about 10-15 times (each time takes for a few seconds) and than the laptop is on, LCD is also on (but black) and it doesn't respond to anything.
I need suggestions for motherboard fix , other hardvare tested its OK.

hello futro. Try plugging in external monitor to laptop, if this works then your LCD or inverter or LCD cable is dead.

All I have tested and I need support for the chip level motherboard repair.

I got a Laptop T42 ThinkPad. It does not turn ON with Battery. Whether the battery is fully charged or half. If I connect Charger Then it can be switched ON normally. I replaced the battery. But it did not solve my problem. I think its battery section on mother board is creating problem. Any Tip will be much appreciated.

I want to know which type of equipments required to setup a very best, professional Service/Repair centre for Computer & Electronic gadgets and how much they approx.ly cost.
A very good list is listed in Mr. Golani's website- **broken link removed** but is it the latest & best

Kindly help.

Hi,
I has 3 laptop motherboard, need your advice.

1: TX2500 motherboard.
It boot and run fine with DVD Drive removed. With the DVD Drive connected to the Optical Drive bay, the leds and fan will flash, then power get cut off immediately. If I press the power swith to make a 2nd attemp to start it, the power will result in no respone at all. The DVD Drive had been tested good. If I start the laptop without the DVD drive. Then inserted the DVD drive into the Drive bay, the note book immediately cut off the power to the board, like short circuited.
I test this with the mother out side the case, same happen.

2. TX1000 Motherboard
This board that been suffering from Nvidia GPU chip over heat issue. The owner install extra external system fans and continued using it. It finally give-up. The AC LED turn on when AC adapter connected. Press the power switch, the other LEDs turn on and immediately cut off.

3. TX2500 Motherboard.
The screen will go blank after booting to windows welcome logo.
One out of 5 times it was booting up ok. The other 4 it will show the windows welcome screen and then the screen would go blank. Some times the computer will turn off itself after you hear a clicking relay sound. I replace laptop with a new motherboard, and that solve the problem. Now, I'm attemp to fix the bad board.

Hi, This is Pooja here. I'm from Chennai.
I've a inspiron 1520 laptop, which is now 2.5 yrs old. There has been a short circuit in the laptop and it seems, some ic called ic-6 is damaged.
I went for professional help and those guys told me that they are not getting that particular IC in market and suggested me to replace the motherboard.
Can you please explain me the problem and also suggest , if replacing the motherboard is fine, as the laptop is already 2.5 yrs old.
The service guy told me that the laptop is in good shape, other than the mother board

Hi Santapg!! I have read only 3 of your posts but i think you're a real expert in the
field so you're good for me (i hope you help me), i have a Toshiba M40x centrino laptop, wich started some days to freeze after some time, passing time it freezes always earlier after power up, when it does so, if i restart it shows a blank screen most of times or an error during boot, it needs some hours in OFF to be able to complete boot again. After opening it i suspected one little voltage regulator chip of 8 pins for "bus termination" (as datasheet says) for probably the ddr ram bus (it is also near the ram slots) that it come very hot in few seconds after power up; using a linux bootable usb key, i've seen that if i stop booting it at the first prompt and it cycles between the prompt and the periodic autoboot countdown (puppylinux) it stays at normal temperature (quite cold), when it starts booting or do some other 'real' tasks (for es. during the video countdown) it start to warm up very fast, any other thing i don't know what to say, apart the voltages on this chip are always like the datasheet example, so normal. Thanks & bye from Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.