Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx USB cable does not work all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulaska

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have windows xp sp2.

everytime i plug my Xilinx cable to USB, i have to install drivers again.
what does it mean?

also i cannot install my xc9572xl, the impact software freezes.

it warns me to install USB cable firmware update, i accept it.
but same problems goes on.

what can be happened to my USB cable?

regards.

Are you able to complete the installs? Or are you cancelling the installs?

If your installs are succeeding, are you plugging the cable into the same USB port, and the same set of USB hubs?

i installed some cplds succesfully,
i unplugged the cable and i plug again the same usb port and the other one, i had to install the drivers again and again.

and now, my cable is damaged i think,
i can see the cable in "device manager".
impact can connect to the cable.
But when i try to install CPLD, it warns me "firmware update". OK i did it, but still, it freezes when installing CPLD...

Hi ulaska

I am using Xilinx USB cable too ,sometimes I also meet this problem,It's usually happened when I change another USB port to use !

ulaska

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I've found that for some devices, it's best to reinstall drivers by using already installed drivers, instead of the original disk or directory. Instead of the default search, choose to select from a list of known device drivers. If you are able to successfully use one USB port, there ought to be one driver on the list that works.

ulaska

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back