Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx FPGA Development Spartan-3E XC3S500E-PQG208 Board 4.3" TFT LCD 4 Nios

Status
Not open for further replies.

yannoo95170

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I just begin with FPGAs and have recepted this afternoon my first FPGA dev board

The package I have recepted have the dev board (labeled RCXQ208_V5), USB/serial wires , the AC/DC transformer, one remote controler and one cd-rom

**BUT ANY INSTRUCTION PAPER** :(
(only two japans (or chineses) visit cards when I can see "Altera, Xilink, FPGA", somes email adfress or telephon numbers and a lot of trademarks)

After the speed boot of this board, I have a running counter 023.000xx on segments, one scrolling of 6 leds, a 4x4 colored checkerboard on the onboard screen and somes red chinese/japanese characters at the external VGA output
(for me, this will say that the initial/primary hardware boot seem work, this is after in the boot that this don't work "such as I have thinked" )

When I push the buttons left/right/top/right/ok/menu this emit only a song but nothing other :sad:
(and any reaction when I push a button on the remote)

I have plugged a VGA monitor and a keyboard on the FPGA board but I only see something like a big red I character at the middle, a lot of others reds chineses/japanes/"rectanguloids" symbols in right and one or two parts of red symbols in the left, but no reaction when I hit alls keys on the PS/2 keyboard :evil:

How can I access to something like a BIOS menu on the onboard 4.3'' LCD screen ?
(I cannot make anything other that to hear a song when I push left/right/top/bottom/ok/menu buttons for this instant ... :roll: )
[the counter can be reseted using interRuptors and POWER and RESET buttons are working, this is already this :smile: ]

Or can I really have (as I unfortunately fear) an hardware problem on this FPGA board ?

Last edited:

Resolved, I have found documentation of the Net and everything is normal

The bundle that I have recept contain the FPGA board, one USB to serial cable and one CD **but** no paper documentation and only programs for the Windows platerform...

But now than I have found the "REDCORE FPGA BOARD" documentation of this board at https://shop57125352.taobao.com and found how to handling the communication between my Linux box and the FPGA board using Kermit, I'm very happy with this purchase :)

In fact, it's far to be resolved because I haven't a fonctionnal FPGA devel environment on my linux box for the instant :(

I just know now that my FPGA board work fine, have succefully recept the "hello, world" message to my linux box but this is all
(I can compil/emulate .vl code on my linux box but I have not alls necessaries tools on my linux box for to compile/transfer this to my SPARTAN FPGA board and can to see the result on the FPGA's on-board screen because all I have is only Window drivers/executables ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back