Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wire area difference when using DC and RC for the same design

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavidu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when I use DC and RC(RTL compiler) for a same design, the gate count result is no much different, but wire area differ too much.
Now I'm evaulate these two tools, and wire area is the one that I need to concern?
Less wire area, more routable in layout period?

Re: wire area

Hello,

Deppending on your .lib file, you have there a wire load model(s). Wire area is an estimated value during synthesis.
IF you want to be more accurate in your evaluation, you need a wire load model, for the design you are using, coming from the P&R tool.

Hope this helps!

tavidu said:
when I use DC and RC(RTL compiler) for a same design, the gate count result is no much different, but wire area differ too much.
Now I'm evaulate these two tools, and wire area is the one that I need to concern?
Less wire area, more routable in layout period?

wire area

A wire load model helps, but eventually it is decided by the P&R tool and your floorplan.

Also, you should worry about the certain instantiated modules, if there are a lot of congestion then it is better to resolve it from RTL phase.

Re: wire area

read this u will clear

wire area

It is a paper from SNUG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back