Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the RTOS need Timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using RTOS of TI CCS, but the timer interrupt of OS conflict with my task and other ISR. So I want remove the timer of OS since I do not use any timer function.
Can I do so?
Why the RTOS need Timer?

The timer of OS is also needed for context switching (I've looked in the code from µCos). I think you will have no task switching more.

Gomez

Timer is option. I think you can remove it. maybe you will lost some function related with timer provided by OS. :D

The timer is required for scheduler operation. I have never heard of an OS without a scheduler.
The better solution other than not using the timer is to lock the scheduler when an ISR is working or an important task is running or accessing a critical hardware that does need to be interrupted during its access.
regards,
Amraldo.

timr used to produces regular interrupt singals to issue slice ,and the processor context change triger,

You can't remove the timer from OS, its very critical for OS scheduler without which you will not be able to execute anything.

without interupt from timer it is impossible to make a hard rtos.

try another timer rtos use 1 maybe 2 timer if you use pic you canuse the 3rd timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back