Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why is there no electromigration in bidirectional nets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude040

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone explain me why there is no electromigration in bidirectional nets...and how to know which net is bidirectional either P/G nets or Signal nets or wt?

Plz explain me in detail

Re: ELECTROMIGRATION

Dear friend ,

Signal nets are always bi directional only. in signal there will no electro migration instead there will be metal migration due to thermal and joule heating effect.

where as electromigration occurs in P/G nets.

hope i have expalined i not catch me

santu

Re: ELECTROMIGRATION

Normally, when electromigration occurs, electrons will migrate in the direction of current.
So , in unidirectional nets , they migrate continuously in one direction and hence the metal will etch away.

Norrmally, power and ground nets carry unidirectinal signal .i.e. constant VDD & VSS.

where as in signal nets , they carry signal which might propagate in two directions. So , the net effect of electron migration will get nullified.

ELECTROMIGRATION

Ohh i c Thanks a lot vishwanadh babu i am giving u few points..u explained me in a very good manner
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back