Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who is your idole in Analog Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razavi, Gray, and Allen
They are the most excellent!

though I don't know their exact names,

but I think those engineers working in ADI, TI, and MAXIM

are all my idols. because they have designed manymany

excellent products. I don't think those professors are

our idol, I think those people who are dealing with real problem

of this real word are our idols.

best regards

Puppet1 said:
My idol in Analog Design are the people you never hear about in companies all over the world, that are looked over by the PHD's who have their names splashed all over the place.

In California, all the PhD's get the name recognition and publish papers... but can you imagine any of these professors actually working ? That would be a laugh !

So, my idols are the people who have worked for many years and actually KNOW in the REAL WORLD what is happening.

Thank you to all the un-named people who helped make analog design as it is today !

I think what funster said is correct those working in industry are the idols.

well, then many new ideas did come from university not industry! Such as pipeline ADC! Also many startups are foundered by professors in school, not by some engineers in those big analog companies! So each has its own value.

Gray Meyer Johns Martin Razavi Sedra Allen Holberg Gilbert
Widlar Lee
..... it's a very long list of good people..i also agreee that a lot of them will remain unknown to most of us...because others are using their work or publish that

I learned the basics of Analog Circuit Design from Sedra & Smith. Before that, I used to read a book called Integrated Electronics by Jacob Millman and Christos Halkias, which really scared me away from analog.

I consider Grey and Meyer as the best authors in this field. And may I suggest reading Roubik Gregorian for Op Amps and Comparators?

tesla was a thoeretician not really a designer.

he founded electromagnetics ....

which layed the foundation for IC Design, RF etc.

Aku budak baru lagi dalam bidang nie...jadi tak la aku kenal yg power2 sgt..but for now

1. Behrad Razavi
2. Anantha Chandrakasan

dan semestinye Mr. Maxwell and Bohr(bapak kpd Quantum Physics)

lepas nie kite masuk era nanotech..mampus la..kire2 sume pakai quantum je..letih:|

Unikovsky(National), Perlman (IBM)

J.C.Bose

This is what Tom.Lee says in his planar microwave book:

"Bose used this detector in experiments extending to approximately 60Ghz, about which he first published in 1897. His research into millimeter wave phenomena was decades ahead of his time"

Dear eda4you:
Could you share with us related papers & articles? I am very interesting in these fields, thank you in advance!

Bg,

eda4you said:
My idol is R.J. Widlar for his work on

+ current sources
+ amplifiers
+ voltage refernces (band gap reference)

yeh...Razavi...particularly I like the approach....

my idol is G.C Temes and R. scherie in field of sigma delta adc.

Razavi
Dr.Khaled sharaf
Dr.Emad Hegazi
the last two are my professors

gray, meyer, allen, martin, johns

and on the modelling side A. Vladimirescu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back