Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who is your idole in Analog Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idol in Analog Design are the people you never hear about in companies all over the world, that are looked over by the PHD's who have their names splashed all over the place.

In California, all the PhD's get the name recognition and publish papers... but can you imagine any of these professors actually working ? That would be a laugh !

So, my idols are the people who have worked for many years and actually KNOW in the REAL WORLD what is happening.

Thank you to all the un-named people who helped make analog design as it is today !

nipkow, braun/zenneck, zworykin, zuse, bardeen/brattain/shockley, bruch, kilby/noyce, faggin/hoff/mazor

somebody mentioned Razavi - or any other book author.
Could anyone use their books for real design? I mean it is nice to read and refresh the theory but they always use ideal environment for anything they present. When you try to use their stuff over temp, voltage, process corners you would find out what real analog designer has to deal with. Not talking about lead inductance and all that package crap. So to me hero is every one who makes working product!

Eventhough they(razavi&others) are not the important person in designing latest product, but because of them we know the fundamantel of analog IC design...

Maybe they are not heroes, but they are like a main 'root' for an analog IC design 'tree'

:D

Razavi, Gray, Allen, Gilbert.....

Added after 46 seconds:

Abidi, Edgar.....etc.

they are all the best person.

maxwell is the best one
or p.r.gray

Widlar
When I was in T.H. Lee's class, He talked a lot about Widlar, seems he really admires Widlar and his legendary including both amazing analog design work and life style.

At that time, there is no SPICE though I'm not sure about other simulators.
But it's all about mind working and work on the back of envelope!
Of course, right now the CMOS process has more issues than before.

Every day I think that Gray. I use a lot his papers and book.

Razavi ,his book is very famous

1>Bob Wildar---> Pease was an Wildar's alumni
2> FVZ this guy worked during several years on military purpose he is the best desingner I know.
Better than B.Gilbert ,unfortunately no publication up to know
3>B. Gilbert

Prof Gray and Meyer are two good designers too (the best book to understand analog design).

Razavi and Lee book are not usuful for design purpose , and for Razavi is worst when he met industrial designer , we think hum this guy has got plenty of PHD student .....

Razavi covers most of books so far i know, but havenot read through all.
so, to be an IC designer, there are two choices,one is hiding in school, never come out, and the one is to go to the real world to make some circuit work.
am i right?

br.
DL

Well, not necessarily. Some people work in industry first for some years, then go to the universities to "hide" and do research and meanwhile consult outside the universities for companies. I guess it is all about making money and having fun designing.
To MLR67 - no hidden intentions, but what exactly don't you like in Razavi's books?

You guys forgot as idole in analog design somebody not heard: Nikola Tesla. He was propably the first. Honestly I do not know why he very unknown. Radio, Remote Control,Neon Light, X Ray, MRI, initial radar,even he patented helicopter design etc. that dude holds over 700 fundamental patents world could not have done without them.

https://www.pbs.org/tesla/ this is PBS USA state television

'Behzad Razavi'

Definitely P.R.Gray!

Added after 30 minutes:

I also want to know more about R.J. Wildar. I searched online but couldn't find his biography. Anyone has it and wants to share? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back