Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who is the best RFIC simlator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need specialized library that GaAs foundries don't provide

it seems there is a bug with spectreRF if we simulate for ipn curves.

if the input extra polation point is varied, then iip3 and all will vary a lot...

i can't understand how it is happening.....

Hi,
for design purpose, it really doen't matter which tool you are using. Instead you should be thinking about the tool which you will be using for simulations.

thanks
sarfraz

Duncan_Widman said:
I've seen a couple of comments that Microwave Office is very user friendly but 'has basic limitations' - I wonder what people are referring to when they say that? Can anyone name any specific issues? My feeling is that this is what ADS sales people tell their customers, to keep them from trying out MWO.

I work for AWR now, but before I joined I was a MMIC designer. I started out using Libra 3.5 (netlist based), but switched to MWO around the time ADS 1.0 came out. Over the years I (and my co-workers) produced many designs using MWO, from modeling the devices, to the circuit design and layout, to full reticle mask layout. We would also use IE3D or Sonnet along side the built in EMSight, but we never ran into any 'basic limitations' in MWO.

And for RFIC design - we have a new product, Analog Office, which has some powerful features for RFIC design. Anyone interested can check out our web site: h**p://www.mwoffice.com

I agree. If you are not afraid to try new things, you might give analog office a try. I belive they have some trial software versions for like a month or so. Give it a try, i found it to be a pretty powerful software.

Hi:

IE3D should be a big plus to RFIC design platforms. Spiral inductors, transformers, MIM capacitors and interdigital capacitors are key components of RFICs. IE3D is proven by many designers to be very accurate, efficient and capable on them. IE3D V12 is coming out with the FastEM Design Kit. You will be able to perform real-time full-wave EM tuning and optimization on IE3D FastEM Design Kit of Release 12. It really changes many concepts of full-wave EM designs. Please stay tune on it. I am Jian from Zeland (the producer of IE3D). Thank you very much!

i am using ADS and i think ansoft hfss is a good choice

Added after 3 minutes:

shaikhsarfraz said:
Hi,
for design purpose, it really doen't matter which tool you are using. Instead you should be thinking about the tool which you will be using for simulations.

thanks
sarfraz

very good

Hi.

I've evaluated Flexible Balance Analysis in SpectreRF
using "MMSIM 6.0 USR1" and "MMSIM 6.0 USR2".

I tried FB-QPSS.
I felt that FB-Analysis looks like Transient-Assisted HB in ADS.
For simple low IF receiver with one RF input and one direct LO input, FB-Analysis could give reasonable results quickly.

But with divider before mixer local input, FB-Analysis couldn't give
reasonable results, here iteration of FB reached to upper limits.
So I set "maxperiods" parameter which might be available also for
FB-Analysis. Of course, I set "freqdivide" parameter and tried to
increase "oversample" parameter.
But FB couldn't' converge even though it reached to upper iteration
limits.

We've concluded that FB-Analysis of SpectreRF is very inferior than HB-Ana of ADS, so we've not adopted it.

Maybe newest version of SpectreRF is MMSIM6.1.

Is this fairly improved ?

:?:

@rautio

I'd like to know if the new Sonnet release 10 with emCluster Computing can be used in a multiprocessor ( 2 to 4 dual core opteron cpu) server within windows server 2003 x64 enterprise edition operating system

Agilent ADS-RFDE for RFIC Design & simulation

my dear all:

I think the different software have different benefit and drawback,

spectre and spectreRF are suittable to do IC design, MWO is suitable to

do filter, simple VCO and passive circuit design, ADS is a strong system

integrate software.....ect

c.c.huang

MWO is suitable to do filter, simple VCO and passive circuit design

Um we are doing RFIC, MMIC, thin-film, PCB EMI analysis and PA with it. 8O

Transient simulation then FFT gives most accurate result regarding to my experiences.
HB and other derivatives have always convergence issues and difficulties..

have any one a design kit about ga-as to install in ads?
i really need it.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back