Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who is Market Leader in FPGA - ALTERA or XILINX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcnvcc

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using all ALTERA Product

ur..

Who is Market Leader in FPGA - @ltera or XILINX

Maybe Xilinx is the leader in the market for FPGA now. But it says that the Altera will become No. 1 in the near future.

Xilinx Inc.

Why is it important??? Both of them holding very strong position on the market, and selecting the chip from one of them really depends what you are trying to do...

regards,

What is the situation with the market share of other vendors, namely Actel and Lattice?

Of course both this Programmable companies sharing good market, almost more then half...However quick spikes in sells are observed in Actel n Quicklogic.

But Xilinx n Altera adopting smooth curve in new trend n technologies.

In educational institute this guys are good, but in commercial market again it depends...

present is with xilinx...

What abt future???

xilinx no doubt...

Xilinx leads one of the fastest growing segments of the semiconductor industry - Programmable Logic Devices (PLDs) - with over 50 percent market share in calendar year 2004 according to Gartner Dataquest. PLDs represent an exciting growth potential in the chip market thanks to their flexible nature and ability to change functionality even after being manufactured. Gartner Dataquest forecasts the PLD market to grow to $4.5 billion in 2006, $5.2 billion in 2007 and $6.3 billion in 2008

Xilinx is leader in FPGA technologies but in other areas such as cPLD, programmable gate array, PSOC and other programmable technologies, I am not sure.

We r using stratix a'ltera family....n planning 4 stratix-3

I prefer Altera. I had been using it since uni until now. QII is much more easy to learn :)

Hi

No doubt it's XILINX only, coz i find lot of good facilities like darg n drop and exchange of slices etc...

Regards,
Reddy.PSR

Xilinx is the best for educational purposes
since its ISE is extremely user friendly and so easy to be familiar with
also it has many application notes in its site for beginners and experienced too
it has both SRAM based FPGAs and OTP ones
i just feel it's closer to my heart :)

I think it is XILINX!!!
Regards.:D

altera is the one in my heart

I think both are in similar position, technology and cost. But, for small quantities, and for Latin America, Altera don't sell a chip. Or it's very difficult to get pieces. So, Xilinx don't have this problem. So my choice is xilinx for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.