Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

white + pink noise generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

{ antonio }

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
white noise generator schematic

i wanted to know if anyone had a schematic of a white and pink noise generator. but i wanted to find a schematic that used the same schip or set of transitors to create both the white and the pink signal. is this possible.l

secondly what is the diffenece between the white and the pink noise generator.

shalom. antonio.

simple pink noise generator circuit

pink noise is a noise source whose power spectral density falls of as 1/f

i.s PSD proportional to 1/f

white noise I assume u must know already...anyway u can get some circuits to generate both noise sources here....but I dont know if it is using same circuit.....just put a low pass filter as a load to a white noise generator and it migh help to generate pink noise

:eek:

http://www.discovercircuits.com/N/noisegen.htm

noise generator schematic

Note that the simple circuits, like the ont at the web page mentioned above, will produce white noise, but will not be random.

Though, if the intent is just to test components like audio amplifier, this will most probably be well enough.

Pseudo-random bit sequence (PRBS) like given in the above circuits are also often used in telecom, to test a link with a pseudo-random signal. At the other end of the link, a receiver can lock onto the same pattern (since it can reproduce the same pattern), and detect bits errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back