Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which topology is the best for RF design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eda_range

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Take a look at this pic,
please tell me which one is better for RF design and why?

thank you.

Re: topology choice

These both circuits are practical examples of a differential amplifiers. Normally these kind of topologies are known as Long-Tail Pair topology. You need these type of circuits to amplify very small differences between two input signals. One on the right provides fixed gain. On the left has transistors and can provide higher gain at variable frequency. It is more robust i think at RF frequencies if suitable transistors are selected.

I hope i helped and made sense :)

eda_range

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
topology choice

thanks for your help.
Could you explain more specifically why the left one provide higher gain at variable freq?

Re: topology choice

As far as i know with transistors you can easily get current gain and providing higher current at collector will be better for amplification purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back