Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which tool? Cadence? or What? I'm newbie, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend9

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am seeking to learn, so please give me some of your experience..

I want to use Cadence tools to simulate discrete components circuits containing NPN, PNP transistors that are sold discrete such as 2N2222, and resistances, capacitors, as well as some verilog-a behavioural analog blocks,
Can I use Cadence Specre and Virtuso tools for this purpose?
Will I need to get certain design kit?

If there's another tool that has strong support and tutorial availabilities such as Cadence, so tell me about it..

Please help,
I am sorry if my question looks silly, but I really think that you will help.

Bye,
Friend,

You can use Circuitmaker 2000 or Multisim 7 both are easy to use and ideal for beginners.

ibrahim03 said:
You can use Circuitmaker 2000 or Multisim 7 both are easy to use and ideal for beginners.

But they're not ideal for me at all!

That's why, I'm not a bigginer or a hobbiest, I'm an engineer, and I have good experience in electronics and simulation programs, but for Cadence, I didn't use that tools before, and hence, i am asking for someone who did use it before,

I hope that I'm clear enough now.
Regards,

yes,u can use cadence tools and u won't need a design kit when u work with Verilog-A
models and if u need it for models for the transistors there is a free design kit that u can download and use from the following link but i didn't try it
https://www.cadence.ncsu.edu/CDK.html

Friend9 said:
discrete components circuits containing NPN, PNP transistors that are sold discrete such as 2N2222, and resistances, capacitors, as well as some verilog-a behavioural analog blocks

MSSN said:
yes,u can use cadence tools and u won't need a design kit when u work with Verilog-A models

I don't know, but does Cadence also allow to put such discrete components?
i.e. not IC design, but discrete as in OrCAD for example, you can add a component that you know its number..

Ahmad,

I don't know, but does Cadence also allow to put such discrete components?
i.e. not IC design, but discrete as in OrCAD for example, you can add a component that you know its number..

sorry i didn't notice that u need to add discrete components,in the standard libraries of the cadence tools there is no discrete components like the 2N2222 transistor.

you should model the 2N2222 transistor in candence by yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back