Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which RF simulator is Better ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aircraft Maniac said:
Hi everyone,

I would like your opinion on which RF simulator is better from the 3 below:

@DS 2003
@WR MWO2003
CST microw@ve Studio 5

I would also like to know why which one is better and lastly which one is good for professional /beginer level.

Aircraft Maniac

ADS rocks man!..it is easy to use

You can not compare

CST MWS 5 with ADS or MWO.

ADS and MWO are circuit and system simulators, MWS is a 3D field simulator.

This are two completly different simulators with completly different appications.

As a matter of fact ADS amd MWS even work together now.

F.

Hi,

My choice is @ DS and I hope you will conclude after all these suggestions by
different people and enlighten us with ur final verdict???

It may help us also.
Thanks

very complete simulation:
ADS

and for the beginners, the manual to get started with this, has been posted in many topics.

Added after 1 minutes:

and also
microwave studio

it's better for circuits.

Hi! I'm also looking for people how now how to simulate planar antenna structure as rectangular patch antenna on the Microwave Office 2004.
Thanks
maudape

sinatra said:
Any one knows about a any free software that can also do this type of simulations??
S.

Added after 8 minutes:

Hi! I'm an advanced student of electronical engineering doing now my thesis. It's about an array of microstrip or patch antenna elements for band L. I need to simulate it. I'm trying now with MWO 2004, but I had problems when I ask for the antenna plot graph. It appears some kind of errors.
What is your experience in simulating antennas? Could you give me any advice or help. They would be appreciated!
Thanks

maudape

Mica188 said:
Hi,

In my case, I need to simulate antennas. I will try the free demo version of SuperNec from Poynting. I wonder if it exist any softwares then that. I need some suggestions beause I'm a beginner too. Once I'm familiare with the antenna part, I need to simulate the whole system. I mean the generator (transmitter or receiver) which related to the transmisson line and then pug to the antenna and see the results ( output results). Any suggestions will appericate.

Thanks,

Mica

Added after 13 minutes:

Hi! I'm an advanced Student of Electronical Engineering. I'm doing my thesis. It's about an array of patch antenna for band L. I'm trying to simulate it on an adequate software. Now I'm trying with MWO 2004. But I find troubles when trying to get the Antenna Plot Graph results.
Could you give me some advice about how to simulate and model antenna on CADs?
Thanks
maudape

IICCEE said:
SOME SUGGEST:
There is not the best RF simulator.So you need to give some patient to study the detail of the RF design skill.
In my work,I favorite to use the MWO and design.,and zealand and hfss.

As for free EM problem simulators, you may want to try LC by CRAY. Not quite satisfied me when i used it but it's free! It utilizes FDTD to solve 3D problems.
Hint: It requires a Linux platform.

if RF cirsuit sim, the RFDE and SpectreRF are ok.
if inductor design, the ansoft q3d/hfss and momentum are ok.
if system design, ads is ok.

i guess HFSS is the best choice

i have learned that there is no single RF simulator that you can use to do all you need to do. it is best to find some combination. maybe 2 or 3.

Hello sir
i m new in this field my final year project is design rfid system using AMD ,SO any one help me that where i have to start, nd which site i get good material for learning AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back