Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a new commercial circuit simulator

swapnils

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am going to create a new commercial circuit simulator. I want to know how I would add the electronic components library to my software. There are like 55000 to 180000 components. How and from where can I get these components and what is the mechanism/standard to integrate these components into my product.

I am not doing a VLSI/IC design things. Just electronic circuit schematics design and simulation and optionally pcb layout.

Also any other advice for my venture is appreciated.

Thanks.

This would be very ambitious to both accumulate a bigger library than the best free simulators or be as good as the existing simulators.
Considering the untapped power of free Simplis/Simulex and the abundance of different libraries for the same parts for spice, LTspice, pspice, TINA, etc. ,
I feel an open central library creation is a far greater need than another simulator.
Although more flexible GUI's and toolbars would be welcomed too for existing simulators.

I wonder if Mouser or DigiKey have pondered such an enormous task, but I know many groups online have users who have shared such libraries, verifying each part is a huge task.

I prefer for conceptual design to use a free online simulator that only follows the laws of physics for diode & transistor rules but almost no libraries needed so you need to add the parasitics of ESR, DCR, pF. It is highly interactive with thumbwheel control of every value and dozens of plots with manual timesteps. But Simplis has this too in a different yet more accurate way with sliders stepped in simulation that can be controlled post-run to affect the plots.

So I applaud only your desire to create an open-library in a market that is vendor competitive.

e.g.

1710952408339.png
1710952830732.png

https://tinyurl.com/ynqwnhjt below
1710954212776.png

Attachments

• 1710952320873.png
    1710952320873.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
https://github.com/topics/altium-library Open source Altium Database Library with over 200,000 high quality components and full 3d models.

--- Updated ---

millions of choices and files 2D or 3D with self-heating or with heatsink, with Monte Carlo tolerances for hFE , Rs , Vt, RdsOn and Cequiv vs Vr

Last edited:
Unfortunately not everyone uses the same free or paid simulators and the libraries are not all compatible.
There's the rub.

Why?
That seems like totally reinventing the wheel.

I also wonder "why?"

In either case you need to use the models provided by the manufacturers. (simply because they are the source of informations how the circuits behave)
Thus you use the same informations that other simulators use, too.

Thus I expect the result of your simulator to be the same as the result of a different simulator.

So, what´s the benefit of using your simulator?

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back