Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Microcontroller's programming( in C) is similar to 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

unwrittennovel

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to know which microcontroller resembles 8051 in programming(C language) since we are instructed to code in device other than 8051 n its variants......and also kindly post the link where i would get information regarding the architecture, syntax and various necessary things required for coding using that particular microcontroller....

THANK YOU.

I have never used the 8051 but which ever microcontroller you are programming in C is going to be fairly similar, microchips range of devices are fairly good for newcomers as there is lots of information on their website about the devices, the datasheets are really well laid out and there are lots of application notes online.

/Pheetuz

unwrittennovel said:
I would like to know which microcontroller resembles 8051 in programming(C language)
In a way they all resemble each other in C from programming point of view. This market research on MCUs also involes compilers support as well.

The whole idea of the 'C' language was it would be portable across OS and hardware. The language itself should compile on any micro-controller but where references are made to specific ports or peripherals, they obviously must be present on the target device. As the 8051 has few internal peripherals, it shouldn't be difficult to find an alternative. Look on various manufacturers web sites for devices that meet your requirements.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.