Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which microcontroller can be programmed with C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elimathew

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im new to micro controllers can u tell me which micro controller can be programmed with C and how?????

Re: Microcontrollers????

The are a whole range of MCUs for which a C xcompiler exists.

Atmel, Microchip, TI, Silicon Labs, Digi, Freescale, Hitachi, NXP and Intel are just a few of the companies that manufacture at least one MCU family which can be programmed via C xcompiler.

You typically develop the C program on a desktop computer using a cross compiler or xcompiler, the MCU is then programmed using JTAG, BDM, COP, ISP ICSP or some variant of one of these programming/debugging interfaces.

It would be beneficial to know your final application or if this an educational pursuit, before recommending a particular MCU.

Each different MCU family has it's weak and strong points, so knowing the final application would help narrow the field of recommendations.

Ciao

visit 8052.com - The Online 8051/8052 Microcontroller Resource - 8052.com and get basic information...

First make yourself clear on what controller you want to learn, 8 bit ( which company), 16 bit... 8051, PIC, AVR, etc.... then choose the programming language you wish to use or learn....

Then select the IDE suitable for your controller.. then start with basic programming...

in case of Atmel which MCU can be programmed with C and acc to u which type of MCU would be suitable for line follower???

in case of Atmel which MCU can be programmed with C...

Virtually all of Atmel's MCUs can be programmed in C and have compilers available.

...and acc to u which type of MCU would be suitable for line follower???

I'm afraid I do not understand your question, can you be more specific.

Are you referring to a Line Following Robot?

Ciao

any controller will do... atmel89c51, or philips, or PIC will do... learn the simple 8 bit controller, as PIC is a bit complex to begin with.....

Hi,
Since you are interested in Atmel, I recommend you learn the AVR. Make sure it is available in your area so that you can get it when required. For line following robot project (if that's what you meant), the AVR can be used effectively as it has timers, interrupts, ADC, etc.

It can be compiled using the free C compiler from Atmel or using the free version of mikroC (which has a limit or 2k program size) or other C compilers.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

If you are referring to a Line Following Robot, you'll have to monitor several sensors, drive several motors and process all the I/O. I would probably recommend one of the Atmel ATMEGA series. You can purchase an Arduino board which has an ATMEGA MCU for a very reasonable price:

Arduino Website

The Arduino has an entire open source (free) development software package, including a C compiler. They are available for a multitude of suppliers all over the world, just Google Arduino and the name of your location to find one near you. You can download the entire development package for free from the site link above.

I have seen several line follower robots projects use the Arduino, probably due to the fact they are very inexpensive.

Ciao

it depends on what sensors you are using... I did using AT89c52 as i did it in a simple way and used readymade modules for sensors....

can anyone tell me diff between 89c51 and 89s51 in simple terms???

The 89s51 and all S series chips can be programmed through both the ISP port and parallel port.
But the 89c51 can be programmed only through parallel programmer.

Additional features of 89s51:
- two DPTRs;
- watchdog and reset pin configuration during its reset state;
- ALE constant emission enable/disable;
- Power Off Flag.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Micro Controller?????

i need to knw wat is a parallel port and ISP port ??

Threads merged. Ask your questions here so that anyone can understand what you are asking for [alexan_e]

Re: Micro Controller?????

I guess you are referring to your previous thread? https://www.edaboard.com/threads/216310/
The question would be clearer if placed as a follow-up.

Tahmid said:
The 89s51 and all S series chips can be programmed through both the ISP port and parallel port.
But the 89c51 can be programmed only through parallel programmer.
ISP means in-system-programming. For the details, refer to the respective processor datasheet. With most uPs, also 89S52, ISP is a SPI-like synchronous serial interface. You can check in the same datasheet, what parallel programming mode means. Usually, a parallel port comprises a least 8 data lines, for 80x51 programming, much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back