Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which language is more fittable in the design verification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

visualart

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which language is more fittable in the design verification? someone recommend the E language, other praise the c language.
which is more merge the SoC flow?
whether there are the ohter?

3s

Re: Which language is more fittable in the design verificati

you do have other poerful languages like vera and the upcoming system verilog.

which is more merge the SoC flow?

if u mean flexibility like reuse, HVL like vera/system verilog/Specman are much better compared to C or verilog/VHDL

systemverilog ,vera,verilog

Hi,

I vote for C++.

I agree that C++ is much more tedious, and require engineers that think software and understand hardware.

To explain my reason, I challenge another other languages can than reuse the testbench across asic design/software algo design (e.g. dsp)/laboratory debug/anthing you can think of in complete verification of a chip.

Regards,
Eng Han
www.eda-utilities.

I think system verilog is better , system verilog is same simulate with verilog , the other vera or specman is co-simulation , and system verilog is event base simulate, vera specman is cycle base simulate. Now cadence supply system verilog too.

Verilog testbench is traditional one. But more directly.
SystemVerilog and PSL assertion can make Verification easy.
SystemC is used to model system level integration in architecture design stage.
For e lanuage, I do not know much, but it is powerful. But current ESUNG give lots of question to Cadence CTO about 'e'. So it is not a bright future.

system verilog is event base simulate, vera specman is cycle base simulate

i think :
vera and system verilog : cycle based simuation. All signals are driven and sampled according to the clock (interface clock in vera; clocking block in SV)

specman e : event based simulation

I create my verilog source code using Xilinx and I have a problem to use it in Synopsys. Can anybody give me a suggestion to solve my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back