Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is best program for schematics and PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I 'm used to protel only because I started from it, but it is not so good. I like OrCAD and Layout from cadence, but I am not familiar with it and it needs time.

Dear everybody

In my opinion that Expedition 2002 is the best tool, it difficul to use but it is a very power full tool, beside that Cadence PSD 14.2 is also a geat tool, i have use it to layout laptop motherboard P4, It works very nice, and we will see PSD 15 in the near future.

Cheers

Concat

Cadstar is very good in PCB design, but not as good in schematics. There is no simulation. You can use PSPICE to do simulation separately if you don't mind re-enter the schematic for simulation.

Take a look at AutoTRAX EDA. If nothing else, at
least the price is right - USD0.00

PCB

I think orcad is the vest for schematic and PADs powerpcb is the best for
layout! I now use the combination!

Hi All
My opinion is that the family multisim is the more it completes, so much in outlines and simulation as in the pcb drawing.
Cadence Orcad is very complicated

I used for professional use, P*otel and O*cad.
What I found is that P. is better than O. It is much more complete and intuitive and bugless.
O. is not at P. leve but the price is higer!

I designed very complex boards by P*otel (up to 800 mixed traditional and smt parts & 12 layer) without any problem.
I designed very low complexity boards by O*cad (60 mixed parts and 2 layer) with a lot of problems.

I'm absolutely not happy working with O*cad, my fellows too!

G. L.

Lollo

am happy with the PCAD2002. the pcb is better than orcad layout.

I think Powerlogic and PowerPCB are both very good for schematic and layout.In addition, Cadence PSD tool is also good for design.

Visula has now come out with "Board Designer" package which is an excellant for PCB designs involving complex Ball-Grid-Array foot-prints, river-routing, very quick and instantaneous Signal-Integrity, track-length, impedence, and temperature analysis and many more features.

Pcb wizard

I think pcb wizard is the best way to make shematics and pcb design
easy to use for bginners it also found in mcu forum browse to kahlid
downlaod a hundred % working copy of it

regards
fragrance

Hello, I urgently need P-CAD V8.5 and i don't know where can i find? Wold you please like to give me a link about it? Thank you very much... :)

Hi
I feel that OrCAD is the best product available for Simulation as Pspice has a lot of features ...Although Layout is just ok for boards.

Regards
Asterix

PowerPcb and PowerLogic .

EPD 3- Mentor

The EPD 3 (mentor) is de best, but is complex

i think they are all as good as each other

it is all in the artist behind the brush

and the fealing your prepaired too impart

only a bad workman blames his tools

There are differences

There are differences between groups of programs. Candence has some that go for a multiple of $10,000. I have talked with a person who uses them in his business of doing layout for others. He pays this hugh price because this program makes best use of his time. For instance, on differential pair lines it will do routing to make the differential impedance what you want and the lengths equal, all automatically as you run the cursor where you want the two traces to go.

I use Eagle from 1994. It's best pcb tool for hobbists. It's easy to use and powerfull.
Protel and Pcad are to complicated for bigginer.

Best regards.

Mr.Cube

Many of the engineers I spoke with uses Orcad for Schematics and Power PCB for Layout. Power PCB is very popular, but I found it not to be very user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back