Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which FPGA is better to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjavadi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,
I am to implement HDLC Controller with FPGA. Could you help me which FPGA is better to use?

i purpose to you xilinx fpga spartan or virtex he depend on how many pin or memory or LUT you need

regards

I think local support is more important. ie do you have FAE for Altera or Xilinx in your are, how good are they, how is relationship with supply chain.. other then that it is comparing toyota to honda

good lack

I think if you design correct, XC95144XL is suitable for you.

you may first do synthesis with a FPGA of large resources then after you know the required resources , try to pick the sufficient one

thanks

using a synthesis tool like SynplifyPro or leonardo spectrum to find which FPGA is suitable for you then go for that.in these tools you have the option of implementing it in varioUS fpga and see the results

If you are going to use only HDLC you can go for any low end devices with 6-12 thousand gates. But if you are going to use it as a module for some other communication block, better go for high end FPGA's like Virtex or Spartan Series form Xilinx or APEX III or Cyclone devices from ALTERA.

Hi,
60% use Xilinx. I thinj this good FPGA.
Hai

ok, Xilinx is the most famous provider, u can possibly use Spartan for ur purpose

spartan-III or virtex-2 pro are generally sufficient..
But the best thing to do is to synthesize the modules first and choose the FPGA based on the number of CLB's reported.

Hey v r using lattice xp . its non volatile and flash based.... i think its also good

I am using xilinx its good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back