Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which field should I specialize in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylon89del

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have interests in engineering and I like all of them and I am going to graduate in few months time. But, I am really confused in which field should I specialize in.

RF Electronics
PLC Electronics
Networking
Programming

Please help?
Anyone went through this dilemma as well?

Hello,

You should really like it, as you have to do it several years, 5/6 days a week. If you don't like what you do, you may not be good/best, hence there is risk on getting fired.

There should be a need (positions/vacancies) for what you do, especially when the activities are to have some money left at the end of each month.

If you have some special skills, that others don't have, that is a real advantage. Are you willing to travel or move to a place to be able to do the things you really like?

You should consider some factors.However, the best is to consider your own selves.
What is your special skills.? And also how far can you go if a field is time-consuming and that's not met your schedule in daily activity as well.
So I hope you what is really best for you.

- - - Updated - - -

You should consider some factors.However, the best is to consider your own selves.
What is your special skills.? And also how far can you go if a field is time-consuming and that's not met your schedule in daily activity as well.
So I hope you what is really best for you.

My favorite part among these is Programming. Its very interesting. Choose it if its your favorite.

Out of these, some requires more aptitude like programming and some extensive study and knowledge like RF design..

Dont go for some hefty in your career.. simply choose what you think you are confortable with.. try to speak to a couple of people who are already in these fields and know from them what they do and what they require to do that.. that will help you a lot..

life depends on this choice you make if you make any wrong decision now you may hate it in the future so go with your full desire in the field of your interest

Hi all,

I am going to graduate in few months time.

If you are about to graduate, then it is too late to pick courses to choose your specialization. You can only choose your career by the type of position you apply to.

RF Electronics

Hard to master, few experts, but RF will be in demand.

PLC Electronics

Industrial. Safety glasses, steel toe boots, hard hat?

Networking

IT?

Programming

Stare at the computer screen all day long. Job can be outsourced anywhere in the world.

real true i will go with MKRD.info

but you are the person living your life we can not suit your shoes choose wisely

I was half joking, of course.

But half serious, as well.

How can I tell you what to do?

Having fundamental skills is more important than making your mind on a choice, because it is not hard to go from one industry to another. Having fundamental skills such as troubleshooting skill, ability to operate all test equipment, documenting everything with organized notes, standards compliance, knowing how a PCB is made, having cross training (software for hardware engineer, vice versa), etc, etc is more important.

Hi all,

I have interests in engineering and I like all of them and I am going to graduate in few months time. But, I am really confused in which field should I specialize in.

RF Electronics
PLC Electronics
Networking
Programming

Please help?
Anyone went through this dilemma as well?

It's totally depends on you. According to me everyone should choose their career according to their area of interest not by the scope of a particular stream.
Find out your strong and weak points and then choose the right option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back