Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile´s interaction with multiple ESP32's in Wifi Access Point mode

andre_luis

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am developing a product that will be installed in kiosks, all them having the same wifi credentials, however sufficiently far apart, so that the one's local network will never interfere with the other.

I would like to know if, once my cell phone has stored the network credentials of one module ( ssid / password ), being the same for all devices, when I come close to another device, is there anything else that the phone considers to connect to this module ( e.g MAC address ), preventing it to reconnect in background as usual? If so, I fear having to give different credentials for each one, having to persist them in my moble connection history, actually dozens.

Once I have only one here with me, I'm unable to check this by myself for while.

You should be OK if they all have the same SSID and password. The MAC address is only needed if you want to bind a particular device (your phone) to a particular internal IP address on the kiosk. If you want, for extra security, you can program the phone MAC into the kiosks so they can request it and block any other phone but consider what would happen if you changed phone and locked yourself out!

Brian.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back