which device can/will replace GAL16v8 in future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymq8328

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my project need a chip like gal16v8,but my friend told me that this chip is too old to use.I don't kown how can I do. I find some document about IspGAL ,I think IspGal is better than GAL,isn't it? If I use Ispgal,which development tools(hardware and software ) I should use? is IspGal's price highter than GAL? thanks

A CHIP TOO OLD TO USE ? That's not a very professional advice !. the 555 are older or even resistors are older and they are still in use .All depends is you can still buy it at a "good price" and if is sufficient for your application .The rsto is meanigless!

hi eltonjohn:
you are right. but I want to kown if IspGal wiil replace GAL?

The ispGAL is a superset of the GAL and will not replace the GAL

Regards

IspGal is a EPLD with the same functionnality than the old GAL ,on top it has IN SITU PROGRAMABILITY .This is great because now you don't need a programmer .They are almost gone now .I have a friend that sells them he is in trouble .This is manufactured by Lattice .Is nice to switch to this product if you want to start a new design or if is cheaper than the old products .

cool ideas , all of you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…