Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to measure the signal in between the transmission line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahrein

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI Guyz,

Correct me if am wrong. In a motherboard there are a lot of transmission line. In one of the transmission line there is a capacitor between it. Let say the transmission line from the PCIE slot and ICH(Input output controller hub). There is a capacitor in between. So the function of the capacitor is to allow AC signal to pass through?

If i want to to measure the signal, at which point should i measure in between the transmission line. Let say the ICH is the transmitter and the Receiver is the PCIE slot.

Thanks

Transmission Line

The decoupling caps in your post is to use for isolating DC voltage and leaving AC signal for PCI-E signals. They should be put as near as possible to close the receiver side for the better disintegrating effect. In your case, you can measure the PCI-E signals via the PCI-E slot. However, it is more suitable to measure PCI-E signals for PCI-E add-on cards near the ICH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back