Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy Altera and Xilinx FPGA chips in small amounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rommelm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Where to buy FPGA chips

Hello,

Can you refer any distributor of Altera and Xilinx chips that sells small quantity.

In particular we need is Pb-free Spartan or Cyclone.. but the distributor have a MOQ of aroun 180pcs...

We are in a R&D business and we need FPGA to make sub circuit for LSI testing, and our need is only a small quantity even now and then. around 10pcs each project.

If we are to buy 180pcs it would last for 2 years and the asset will be frozen. :sm2:

Re: Where to buy FPGA chips

RS-Components is not the cheapest place to shop but they usually have some in stock.
Another place will be Farnell ( www.premierfarnell.com for worldwide service)

You can see price and availibility at www.findchips.com
or write to chip manufacturers about distributors in your region.

Can't you check the website (xilinx and altera) for the distributors. Have you not tried asking them for smaller quantity. I recall buying 5 fpga from a distributor. I just lie to them by saying the product quantity is 600 and require some for prototyping, and of course they oblige as they think I will buy some more from them in the near future.

As far sa I know, Xilinx has their on-line shop where you can purchase any quantity of the chip you like. In fact they ask their web-listed price for the chip and some $2 for dropping it in the box plus shipment costs, so it is not perhaps the best opportunity, but still it worked for me when I was in need.
/yego

yego said:
As far sa I know, Xilinx has their on-line shop where you can purchase any quantity of the chip you like.

NO!

Xilinx only sells CPLD devices online!

I can try to trick them by saying that I will be needing more in the future, but we are a regular user of FPGA and CPLD chips but in small quantity only... so next time they won't give me a smaller quantity.

Its a pity that we need Pb-free devices.....very hard to get such devices.

By the way guys, thanks for all the other info, Findchips.com only points you to the dealers, but the dealers doesn't have off the shelve stocks..

www.Digikey.com carries some XILINX CPLD and lately some virtex and spartan chips,also some ATMEL and others !

Where to buy FPGA chips

if you need FPGA chip, i can buy it for you.
it is very convenient for me to buy them.

www.digilent.us

is a good place to buy cheap FPGA-CPLD based kits for a low price. They also give student discounts and do sell in small numbers (like 1). But they only offer xilinx products

-Nauman

Avnet.com

Where to buy FPGA chips

any one knows the price?

Where to buy FPGA chips

you can buy it through internet or electronic products markets. it is easy, and i can help you!

swgchlry said:
any one knows the price?
**broken link removed**

Where to buy FPGA chips

@davorin:

Xilinx sells Spartan 3 devices online (S50,S200,S400)

davorin, which is your location???

I have good relations with xilinx representative and may be the can sell me parts. All depends if the must inform of the final user or not on this parts and your location.

TaPa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back