Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where I can find USB kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.

luben111

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cp2101 8051f320

Hello,

I can't figure out from where to take USB kernel. I have to make a project with USB in HOLTEK part and I don't want to rediscover the wheel.

Thank you
Luben

HI

If all you need is connect your controller via USB go to www.silabs.com and get

CP2101 chip for converting RS232 <-> USB as simple as it sound

All the best

Bobi

Hello,

SP2101 is too expensive solution for my purposes. I found uP that are several times cheaper then Silicon labs one and has USB and there are lot of free resources to put my code there - see HOLTEK 82K96.

And yes, I agree that Silicon labs USB - serial converters are really excellent... just too expensive and there is no place to put my code. I used uP 8051F320 from Silicon labs and it has plenty memory after you add the USB kernel, unfortunately it's 3 times more expensive then HOLTEK.

best regards
Luben

USB kernel? or a USB communications layer?

I'm sorry.... USB communications layer.

I need the layer that communicate with the PC (handshaking, packages, etc.)

Thank you
Luben

you know, this USB thing JUST seems to be too complex, once you've sent the host the necessary descriptor blocks, it will provide you with a device class driver, so for many standard applications, like modems, audio devices, video capture and mass storage, you do not NEED to develop any kind of PC-side driver...

I think that for low data-rates (a maximum of 64kbytes/sec, unidirectional) a simple CDC enumeration would do the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back