Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do i get a Standard PLL Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

esibobo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design a BASIC PLL IC using cadence in an analogue envrionment. However i am having trouble finding a good circuit i can easily integrate. I would like some help in where i can find one. I am going to make some modifications later, but for now i simply need the most basic PLL circuit that works. Parameters like frequency range and others are not important. Anything that works should be fine.

If on the other hand i need to concentrate on the basic building blocks, then some pointers into finding a basic VCO circuit (first) that i can easily INTEGRATE will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I'm really grateful for your prompt response. As it turns out, both the 2nd and 3rd links have schematics almost on a block level. However i need a full schematic. The first link is the closest, but it also includes already made ICs which i can't use in my own design.
I know the basic components that are supposed to form a PLL, so even if i can't get the full schematic but can get the basic schematics for the VCO, loop filter, and phase detector, i'll be very grateful, and i'll try to combine everything to form my PLL. Thanks once again.

thanks. it's becoming quite apparent i'm not going to find a complete PLL schematic that is not partially on block level. What i would like to do however is find schematics for the individual PLL components. I have found quite a number of VCO circuits but i need one that has no BJTs as my design environment only supports MOSFETs. Same situation for the other parts. Can you help me in that regard?

BJT is much easier to use and some time gives much better performance as compared to the FETs. For example see the attached circuit.
PLL.gif
You have to have an extensive search on NET for a suitable reference on this. I will check all my database of circuits and if find better on will definitely post.
Good Luck

BJT is much easier to use and some time gives much better performance as compared to the FETs. For example see the attached circuit.
View attachment 67590
You have to have an extensive search on NET for a suitable reference on this. I will check all my database of circuits and if find better on will definitely post.
Good Luck

About the BJT, i do realise that. Unfortunately, my design environment does not support them. So i'm stuck with FETs.
I've also been searching the NET for sometime and will continue searching. Please do help me if you happen to come across a circuit that fits my needs. Thank you so very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.