Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when does a one-sided limit doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_boody

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I I'd like to ask ...what value(s) does the one-sided limit have so that it could be said that it failed to exist

Consider for instance a trigonometric function like sin(x):

lim sin(x)
x->inf

it's not possible to find a value, since the value of the function continue to oscillate between -1 and +1.
In a little bit more mathematical term is not possible, choosen an arbitrary "e" to find a number \[\delta\] so that for each x\[\in\](\[\delta\],+\[\infty\]) then f(x)\[\in\](k-e,k+e) where k is the value of the limit. For instance, if I choose e=0.5 I cannot fint any \[\delta\].
Another function (non trigonometric) can be

x-int(x)

I could imagine the example you gave me, but I have problem with the formal definition of cauchy that
contain the two inequalities , it will be helpful if you explained the interpretation of the definition,

I searched the internet for vids explaining that but I could understand it

I found that definition that I couldn't understand in Ron larson book, but actually am studying electrical engineering
and calculus therefore it is a first course involves analysis.. I want a book that extend to two-variable calculus

do you suggest another book that is comprehensive and easy
with no such definitions, I saw on the internet another authors
like stewart, many others , what you suggest ..thnx

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back