Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the meaning of ASIC backend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash13

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CAN ANY BODY TELL ME THE WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ASIC BACKEND
WHAT THEY REALLY DO THE WORK
PLEASE GIVE ME THE REPLY
THANKS IN ADVANCE

asic backend flow

Back End is the Floorplanning and Place & Route part of the ASIC Design Flow

back end asic

Hi ,

in simple Netlist to GDS are done in Back End .

Thanks & Regards
yln

back end testing of asic

In ASIC back end the we do floor plan, placement, layout and then simulations for checking the correct functionality and timing, parasitics etc.
at last it is delievered to fab for manufacturing.
in simple terms u can say after synthesis everything comes in Backend

backend + asic

Backend deals with physical design , it's opposite to front end which deals with logical design

backend inasic

thanks a lot
thank you very much
because i am doing pcb layout and routing
i want to move from pcb to asic backend
i dont know any thing about asic back end
any body have pdfs to learnd basics of asic backend
please send it
thanks in advance

asic back-end

Hi,

In simple terms BackEnd is one where u do your design ON CHIP.

asic back end

Hi
Let me tell about the Backend work that we do in my company..
The work would be stringent and tough ...Unlike front end, we get only 2months(might be 3 or 4 also ) to design and verify the floorplanning, routing etc..It will be challenging ,,but u will like it once u get going .
All the best dude and welcome to Back End Design Engineers...
Thanks

asic backend design

synthesis, timing verification, floorplanning, place and route
in short anything that has to be made physical comes under backend

asic design backend

i am learning the pcb design , and i am the student of microelectronics ,so i have the change to know ASIC design. now thank you for your answer

backend asic

in simple way asic backend....we implement the logic(in real hardwar...i.e chip) developed by front end engineers(they use verilog,VHDL....)....during that process...backend(physical design engg) has to follow...certain flows ...depending on the applications...and many other factors.....hope this helps.....

meaning of backend profile

Hi

ASIC Back End Design involves the conversion of synthesis netlist in to geometrical information in the shape of rectangles called layouts. Usually Back End design process have steps like partitioning, floorplanning,placements,routing,DRC,LVS,parasitic extraction and generation of GDS-II which is required by foundary for chip fabrication. Before sending the GDS-II for mask preparation the design should be verified using sign-off tools to confirm that there is no violation of any design rules, power and signal Integrity. it is considered to be a very difficult but interesting domain in VLSI design. High end tools are required for this purpose.

All the best

Udaikumar

asic backend role

Moreover, u have less jobs in Backend than in front end..But u do highly quality work there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back