Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's the diff between Pre_layout and Post cell delay cal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendrift

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
delay calculations

what's the diffirence between pre_layout and post_layout in cell delay calculation?
in the library , cell delay is affected by the input transition and output capacitance.
but during pre_layout ,the RC on the wire is not exact.is it will affect the gate delay calculation?
and many times , i saw the delay calculation refer to capacitance, but where the resistance reveal in library and in the cell delay calculation?
thank u :)

Re: what's the diff between Pre_layout and Post cell delay c

In general pre-layout use EWL(estimate wire load model) to calculate network delay.

Re: what's the diff between Pre_layout and Post cell delay c

Hi,
Read the attached pdf.
I assure you this will remove all your doubts regarding the cell delay calculations and will further add to your knowledge.
do let me know if i am wrong in saying this.
regards

bendrift

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank for ur help,nittinsharma80!
it's a very good paper for sta.
do u have deep material for postlayout sta?
for i am not familiar with SPEF and Arnoldi.
best regards
:)

i suggest u use report_delay_calculation option in pt. This gives complete info on how it computes delays.

or one can use report_timing with justify option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back