Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the best 8-bit MCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gorkin said:
Recently I´m looking too Holtek flash micro... same core like microchip pic16 and low price!

Gorkin

The Holtek microcontrollers are similar to but not compatible with PICs.

I agree, but in general lines is holtek flash uc and pic16 are architectural compatibles...this is not mean same "construction", core or instruction, but the ideas behind them.

Gorkin

I usually use the ATMEGA8535..
it is a good Mcu for me...

widely available in my country(Indonesia) and relatively cheap around $2.9 each...

Once you are up to 64 pins what are you looking at 8 bit micros for anyway? You can get cheap 32 bit ARMs that can run a complete Linux system if you want. Palm Piots and Pocket PC's were made with them. Think anyone is putting out a Palm Pilot with an 8 bit processor anytime soon? Why do you want the moon and stars and everything else in between for features and then have a midget running the thing?

There is no "best",
Choose your way and leave the rest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.