Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what should I pay attention to in high voltage layout(18v)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yinliang2003

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what should I pay attention to in design of high voltage layout(18v,0.5um cmos)?
thank you!!

Are you using a standard technology or a special high voltage technology(thicker gate oxides)?

of coz, thick gate oxide

use specialized high voltage transistor, process design kit must provide it. the structure looks like DMOS

pay more attention to isolation between transistors

take care of your high voltage ESD cell

there is some structure which can use higher voltage than the breakdown,high voltage cascode structures...

Added after 1 minutes:

so you can make higher voltage without special technology

the ESD cell is funny thing, because most processes do not have high voltage ESD cells:-S

5v/18v,cmos layout , is it easy to latchup in 18v?
drabos:i want to design digital and analog mixed circuits, i design digital parts in 5v and analog parts in 18v ,should i pay attention to the place that 5v to 18v,and how?
strennor:Is isolation between transistors because of latchup? using guard ring is ok?
i am a beginner,thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back