Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the power analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anil4sat

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is power analysis? What we really considered in power analysis?

Power Analysis

Dynamic power analysis - the power of a design in normal functional mode, requires a VCD, SAIF, or a tool which can do vectorless analysis.

Leakage power analysis - the total leakage power of a design.

IR drop analysis - required in order to build your power grid correctly.

Re: Power Analysis

I have a question regarding power analysis. I developed a new design (VHDL-based) and want to do power analysis (dynamic and static) for various technologies such as 0.18u and 65nm technology.

My question is :

Is there any power analysis tool that can do this job. I mean you can input VHDL and set your working conditions and activity rates and the tool generates complete power analysis reports like what we do in X-power for X!l!nx FPGAs?

Power Analysis

The problem here is that RTL does not consume power, real cells do. There is absolutely no way to tell how many gates your RTL will synthesize to, so there is no way do power analysis that yields any useful results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back