Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the most pupular PCB design software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezpcb

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best pcb design software

Hello...Haven't been here for a long time. Does anyone know what is the most puplar PCb layout software? I think big companies will use cadance, but how about small companies? Eagle? EasyPC?Proteus?

Mike

popular pcb design

I think for hobby and student Eagle is most used, in profession user Pcad, Tango, Proteus is nice but too expensive

most popular pcb software in canada

u can use Ultiboard

pcb soft

I would say Orcad or Protel. Orcad is more sophisticated

pcb voting pad

There's nos single answer. It really depends on the price range. Also, professionals often use different packages for schematic and for layout. For example, OrCAD capture and PADS layout seems to be a popular combination.

Free: KiCAD
Cheap: Eagle
Mid range: OrCAD
High end: Altium or PADS

I'm a small consulting company, I use OrCAD.
One of my clients, also a small company - also OrCAD.
Another one of my clients, medium company - Altium.
Another consultant that I often partner with - Altium.

pcb routing algorithms

it depends on your needs. for small and not important pcbs (such as hubby circuits), use protel.
if you need a bigger tool with better routing algorithms for higher frequencies, use orcad layout.
if you are a master in designing pcbs (or you want to be one of them), use mentor's pads or cadence's psd package(which includes orcad in addition to other great tools such as spectra routing program, i named it "the miracle of routing")

best+pcb+design+software

express pcb is the easiest one but not professional

orcad and proteus are good one

pcb design in iran

The most popular software for pcb. Easy to learn and use, with RF features, and SI capabilty, and for professional use, but not much expensive, is P A D S.

The best pcb soft is E x p e d i t i o n, but for high end professional use. I have see and used Expedition, Very powerfull. A l l e g r o are another powerfull soft, but i prefer E x p e d i t i o n.

Other soft, E A GL E, P R O T E L, O r C A D L a y o u t (now stopped), not have the same wide features like P A D S.

skywalker.

pcb design software small company

To know the popular pcb software, it is best to take a vote on all softwares used today. All softwares are become popular if the software is user friendly. If it is tough to use - SEMI PROFFESSIONAL and if it is too tough - PROFESSIONAL. ;-)

I use Altium. Although I use orcad, I find Altium is best suitable for me.

- Nishal

easiest pcb design software

you can also try the DIPTrace schematic and pcb software. It has many libraries of different manufacturer of discrete components and even IC. After you do your schematic design and clicking some buttons it will convert your file into pcb format. and few adjustments and autoroute or manual route for pcb is now complete.

www.diptrace.com, download with libraries.

regards,
randell_xtian :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back