What is the best way to learn Eagle pcb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan0354

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any books or download I can buy or get to learn Eagle pcb? I am not a beginner in pcb design, I have been doing layout with OrCad and PADS for years.

Also, can Eagle pcb design input schematic drawn from OrCad?

I have to rephrase it, can I input net list generated by OrCad Schematic Capture to generate a pcb file in Eagle. I went to Cadsofusa.com:

Is the nettoz.zip able to translate the net list generated by OrCad Schematic to Eagle pcb layout?

There are various netlist converter ULPs written by people although I haven't used them recently. If it is a small circuit it is probably quicker to simply re-draw it.

Keith

Thanks

I am more concern about having to pay for the schematic capture. I want to just buy the standard layout for $315. Where can I find the ULP?

Is there a book or document to get start with Eagle pcb and schematic? I would prefer to have hard copy so I can put notes on it as I learn.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thanks, you are of big help. I am going to print out the V6 manual.

Another question. I look at the layers, if I get the standard version, I have only 6 layer, how am I going to fit the silkscreen, drill, solder mask into just 6 layers as these take up 5 layers already.

It covers 6 routing layers. You can have as many additional layers as you like. Do you really need 6 routing layers?

Keith

Thanks for the reply, so I can use the other layers as long as I can fit routing into 6 layers?

No, I have no plans to even use 6 layer. 4 layers is plenty for me already.

Yes, it is only routing layers that are restricted. Unfortunately they don't do a 4 layer version - it is 2, 6 or 16.

Keith

Thanks
Price of the Eagle software is very reasonable. I think OrCad or PADS are going to cost a lot more. Now I have to experiment using net list from OrCad and create pcb with Eagle.

Thank Tpetar.

I am not planning to transfer old OrCad pcb files to Eagle pcb layout. I am just trying to get the .mnl files from OrCad schematic capture to generate .pcb files of Eagle. I am trying to learn as few as possible. If I can still use OrCad schematic capture, then I don't have to learn the Eagle Schematic capture and don't have to pay for it.

I just printed out the Eagle manual so I can start learning the pcb layout.

Is it me or is it the manual? I download the Manual V6 and I started on p39 and I got stuck on page 40.

Nothing in the instruction about displaying the part in the library work according to the instruction. I open the schematic and follow about using "ADD" nothing happen.

The control panel don't even look the same!!!

Anyone has better documentation that show how to get started in this? I leaned OrCad, Altera Quartus, Microwave Office just by their manual, they were all very simple and clear!!!

Last edited:

I don't know what link you think you posted, but I don't need a Humbucker!

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…