Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best way to learn Eagle pcb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan0354

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any books or download I can buy or get to learn Eagle pcb? I am not a beginner in pcb design, I have been doing layout with OrCad and PADS for years.

Also, can Eagle pcb design input schematic drawn from OrCad?

I have to rephrase it, can I input net list generated by OrCad Schematic Capture to generate a pcb file in Eagle. I went to Cadsofusa.com:

Is the nettoz.zip able to translate the net list generated by OrCad Schematic to Eagle pcb layout?

There are various netlist converter ULPs written by people although I haven't used them recently. If it is a small circuit it is probably quicker to simply re-draw it.

Keith

Thanks

I am more concern about having to pay for the schematic capture. I want to just buy the standard layout for $315. Where can I find the ULP?

Is there a book or document to get start with Eagle pcb and schematic? I would prefer to have hard copy so I can put notes on it as I learn.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thanks, you are of big help. I am going to print out the V6 manual.

Another question. I look at the layers, if I get the standard version, I have only 6 layer, how am I going to fit the silkscreen, drill, solder mask into just 6 layers as these take up 5 layers already.

It covers 6 routing layers. You can have as many additional layers as you like. Do you really need 6 routing layers?

Keith

Thanks for the reply, so I can use the other layers as long as I can fit routing into 6 layers?

No, I have no plans to even use 6 layer. 4 layers is plenty for me already.

Yes, it is only routing layers that are restricted. Unfortunately they don't do a 4 layer version - it is 2, 6 or 16.

Keith

Thanks
Price of the Eagle software is very reasonable. I think OrCad or PADS are going to cost a lot more. Now I have to experiment using net list from OrCad and create pcb with Eagle.

Thank Tpetar.

I am not planning to transfer old OrCad pcb files to Eagle pcb layout. I am just trying to get the .mnl files from OrCad schematic capture to generate .pcb files of Eagle. I am trying to learn as few as possible. If I can still use OrCad schematic capture, then I don't have to learn the Eagle Schematic capture and don't have to pay for it.

I just printed out the Eagle manual so I can start learning the pcb layout.

Is it me or is it the manual? I download the Manual V6 and I started on p39 and I got stuck on page 40.

Nothing in the instruction about displaying the part in the library work according to the instruction. I open the schematic and follow about using "ADD" nothing happen.

The control panel don't even look the same!!!

Anyone has better documentation that show how to get started in this? I leaned OrCad, Altera Quartus, Microwave Office just by their manual, they were all very simple and clear!!!

Last edited:

I don't know what link you think you posted, but I don't need a Humbucker!

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back