Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best tool out there for DFT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peen1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DFT tool

Can cadence buildgates synthesis tool do DFT? What about synopsys DC??

Which is the best tool out there for DFT? Does synopsys offer anything?

DFT tool

hi, i think there are more customer for dft compiler in dc.
ambit can do dft things, blast create of magma also.

Re: DFT tool

Mentor DFTAdivisor and FastScan gain much popular .

DFT tool

dft adviser is dft tool. but fastscan is atpg tool, not for dft. they are different.

Test Compiler is build in DFT tool in synopsys DC.

DFT tool

DFT Compiler (DC Synopsys) is popular in scan chain insertion process and FastScan (Mentor) is the same in test pattern generation process

Cadence's Buildgates/PKS offers full scan-insertion and (if you have a PKS license), "placement-aware" scan-chain re-ordering. Having used both Ambit-DFT and Synopsys's DFT-compiler, I have to say DFT-compiler is easier to use. It's also more tightly coupled with Synopsys' TetraMAX (ATPG) companion tool (which my employer uses.)..

> Test Compiler is build in DFT tool in synopsys DC.

To clarify, Synopsys Test Compiler requires a Test-Compiler license. It is not 'free', as Synopsys still sells standalone Design_Compiler licenses. The program executable is packed in the same CD-image on Solvnet, but then so is Physical Compiler, DC-Ultra, Designware Foundation, and a bunch of other *expensive* add-on products.

I can't speak for the other tools, but Ambit-DFT is included free with Buildgates (no separate license needed.) If you have access to Ambit-DFT, you may as well give it a try. If your project is "DFT-clean", then Ambit is painless to use and will get the job done. On the other hand, if your project is not DFT-clean (lots of asynchronous set/reset flipflops, clocks not accessible from a primary-port, lots of custom 'macros', etc.) -- you will share my pain and find yourself making many RTL-code changes to accomodate Ambit-DFT.

DFT tool

dc can do it, please read the dc manual

DFT tool

DC and magma are all powerful!!

You can do initial level scan in Ambit.

DFT tool

synopsys' DFT complier can do some jobs of this, but i am still wondering how powerful DFT compiler is.

can it bypass macros, or mux gated clocks and set/reset automatically??

cadence ambit do scan chain insertion and test rule check.but didnot do wrapper on memory .
I recommended SYNTEST dft tools which can do same as ambit but with a cheap price.

DFT tool

I can do dft using DC

now we are using Synopsys tools dft compiler, need a sperate license from design compiler, it do well job for scan test

Maybe refer to the following survey:
https://www.deepchip.com/items/snug05-10.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Synopsys DFT Compiler/TetraMAX vs. Mentor DFT Advisor/FastScan

Synopsys DFT Compiler: ########################### 68%
Mentor DFT Advisor: ############# 32%

Synopsys TetraMAX: ####################### 57%
Mentor FastScan: ################# 43%

And Cadence Test Encounter came in at 4%, but that's not a fair number since
I forgot to mention them by name in the question.

Dftadvisor and fastscan by mentor graphics . the new version dftvisualizer is too good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back