Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the best simulater for Analog design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Hey... WHY NOT ELDO, for accurate and robust simulation...HSIM for functional simulation it's also accurate and very fast...
TRY TO USE ELDO

Yes. it's well-known that HSPICE and SPECTRE are the simulators of "gold standard". But as far as i know there are different, less famous simulators, but which can simulate certain circuit types with the same accuracy as HSPICE (may be even higher) and much faster. And of course, such programs are much cheaper (for one, analog simulation program AVOSpice). So, it depends on your task which simulator to use, but for best results in some cases you have to have in view other simulation programs.

Regards

I think spectre and ADS are good simulators.

ADS and simulators where you can import also BSIM3v3 models.

for acurate and robust simulation,hspice is the best choice,but it is not a visual tool

Spectre and Hspice for IC design. Pspice for board level designs. ADS for RF design.

tanner tools suite also has a spice simulator(Tspice) whcih is very good

Gunship said:
I used to enjoy pspice. But that is before Cadence bought it. I prefer the older version that has its own schematic frontend, rather than the OrCad frontend.
<snip>

I too prefer the old schematic entry tool. It's called "PSpice Schematics" and can be downloaded here for free:
https://www.cadence.com/products/si_pk_bd/downloads/pspice_schematic/index.aspx

Cadence doesn't provide support for PSpice Schematics, however I'm using PSpice Schematics 10.5 with PSpice 10.5 with no problems.

I installed PSpice from the OrCAD suite. If you install PSpice from the Cadence SPB suite, then PSpice Schematics 10.5 won't work with it, probably because PSpice is renamed "AMS Simulator" in the Cadence suite.

I have not tried the new PSpice Schematics 15.7.

I support H spice

Status
Not open for further replies.