Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is" power cell ,IO cell and spare cell"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

armardu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is" power cell ,IO cell and spare cell"? and their funtions are ?
please help me

IO cells - provide interface to the external world (i.e. to other chip).

The have I/O driver circuits, level shifters, ESD protection circuits, etc.
And Pull up/down circuits, three-state buffers in some cases

The input and output signals may be at some voltage level (say 3.3V). But the core may be working at some other voltage level (say 1.2V). The IO cells have in-built level shifters to shift the voltage to desired level.

The output drivers strengthen the signal so that the output pin can feed the signal to other chip(s).

Spare cells contain few gates like DFF, NAND, buffers, inverters etc. These cells are spread over the die. If there is a change in the netlist (ex: some extra logics are added), instead of doing the entire design from scratch, we can do ECO.
The spare cells are used to implement the necessary logic thereby keeping the placement intact. Only few changes have to be made in the routing.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
useless_skew

Reactions: dkghost

dkghost

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back