Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is PLI, how can i use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogogo

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is PLI, how can i use it?did somebody remmend some books describing it in detail?

You can start here:
**broken link removed**
(plenty of PLI links available)

PLI are program language interface , which are use in verilog , you can see IEEE verilog stand about it.

Better read
" Principles of Verilog PLI design " by sanjit k mitra.

I think it is simple.the PLI is base on c/c++,if you are familar with the language,you can develop one PLI application quickly.because the coding style is fixed

how can i get "Principles of Verilog PLI design " by sanjit k mitra???

Added after 6 seconds:

where can i get "Principles of Verilog PLI design " by sanjit k mitra???

sutherland book "PLI handbook " is also a good choice.

is pli widely used during verification?

Hi

PLI = Programming Language Interface.

The advantages of PLI is it makes the verification faster.Moreover all the system tasks are a part of PLI initiative.So we can write our own system tasks which are know as utility or access routines.

IanP said:
You can start here:
h**p://home.nycap.rr.com/pflass/pli.htm
(plenty of PLI links available)

Hi

I am sorry to be negative,
BUT

PL/I is different from PLI. The former is a stand-alone programming language as well the later is an extension to HDL languages like verilog.

The Address you mentioned is not related in HDL and verilog concepts of PLI.

tnx

PLI is calling external language C/C++ from Verilog .
it is very efficient in Chip Verification.

Does anyone use verilog pli for perl?? Usually I use perl to write some scripts for verilog code. I don't know how much I can do using perl in verilog pli....Can anyone tell me ?? ;)

I've also heard that System Verilog has some superior aspects than Verilog+Pli, can anyone who realy knows this explains why? Is it faster? more flexable? need less coding?
since they said that PLI can be repalced by System Verilog.

It's a interface in verilog to use c ,you could see the verilog ieee ,or the manual of simulator(such as vcs)

program language interface ,using c in verilog.

PLI , programming language interface.
simply speaking , verilog can call a function written by C/C++ with PLI

read cadence NC document and you will find the detail on how to write PLI. Now you can co-sim systemc and verilog. so you do not really need PLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back