Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is meant by HOT SPOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

santuvlsi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Dudes,

What is meant by hot spots and where does it occur.

Related to what problem this cause.

with regards
Santu

Hi,
Please elaborate the context. Are you talking on hot spot in communication systems ?

hotspots are formed when there the non uniform doping... due to this there is different resistances distributed this leads to heating at certain spots of high resistance and this may lead to melting and formation of short circuits which ultimately damage the device....

hot spot is form in case of doppig of semiconductor material. due ununiform dopping like dust partical there is space or dust in joint or dopping which lead in temp raising

Dear Anand,

While doping if the concentration goes more it leads to hot electron effect amd ion

degradation in deep sub micron cmos circuits which depends on applying voltage .

but there is term caled hot spots which has a particular defintion and it arises due to a certain problem.

I need that. i want to know that.

Santu

Added after 1 minutes:

Dear Rajiv87,

While doping if the concentration goes more it leads to hot electron effect amd ion

degradation in deep sub micron cmos circuits which depends on applying voltage .

but there is term caled hot spots which has a particular defintion and it arises due to a certain problem.

I need that. i want to know that.

Santu

it is not related to how high or low the doping is... it is about variation in doping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back