Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is .lib in cadence virtuoso?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaah

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Can someone help me with my question.

I have heard people asking about .lib and how to generate it etc. What is this file or what is its purpose?

Thanks.

for virtuoso there is a file named cds.lib that is used to manage your libraries. you can open it in a text editor, it is pretty straightforward.

Many other purposes of a .lib file can have. It is used usually to initialize cadence environment, but it can describe device models, can contain spice commands. Depends on exact context you have heard its purpose.

Many other purposes of a .lib file can have. It is used usually to initialize cadence environment, but it can describe device models, can contain spice commands. Depends on exact context you have heard its purpose.
Thanks @frankrose
TBH, I am not sure where it is being used but apparently, it is related to compiling for post design or sth. some people call it (dot lib or dotlib).

I am not talking about cds.lib.

Hi all,

Can someone help me with my question.

I have heard people asking about .lib and how to generate it etc. What is this file or what is its purpose?

Thanks.
This type of file is used to initialize the cadence environment. it can also describe the device model. It all depends on the context you have heard it.

I doubt that is the case, virtuoso does not take liberty files. Innovus/Genus do.
I believe it is a question of this topic as:
TBH, I am not sure where it is being used but apparently, it is related to compiling for post design or sth. some people call it (dot lib or dotlib).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back