Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is hot-topic in digital design now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOC and SW-HW is hot.
wireless communication is hot.
Digital product is hot.

Microchip's dsPIC?

EDIT: And how about 6-pin PIC10 series.

embed ic and mcu will profit from the market still

Embedded Software is hot.
Wireless Communication (mixed mode, baseband ) is hot.

dram2003 said:
I agree that verification is hot. Since not so many designers are willing to do testing, this area is lack of experts. (Many verification engineers started out as designers.)

ye,
there is little experence in verification of huge SOC chip.

dram2003 said:
I agree that verification is hot. Since not so many designers are willing to do testing, this area is lack of experts. (Many verification engineers started out as designers.)

I think now verification are becoming hot because of IP.
Many design houses use IPs during designing their products. They only need to verify the system, not single IP. So they spend most time on verification.

T Zul said:
In my opinion UWB.

T Zul

UWB is definitely hot. I attended ISSCC this year. I believed next year more papers will be on.

ethan said:
T Zul said:
In my opinion UWB.

T Zul

UWB is definitely hot. I attended ISSCC this year. I believed next year more papers will be on.

I work on UWB baseband..... well I think Communication signal processing as good area....

but the hottest among electronics (not digital alone) is nanodevices,Quantum electronics and things like that

FPGA and dsp is still hot

HERE IN THE US THERE IS NOTHING HOT .. NO DSP ,NO FPGA .. NO WIRELESS SO DON"T BE FOOLED ! ..EVERY THING IS IN STANDBY .. IF ANY ONE SAYS THE CONTRARY WELL HE BETTER GIVES SOME PROOFS .
OTHERWISE IS NOT GOOD TO GIVE FALSE HOPES !

Somebody called me with "A NICE FPGA CONSULTING JOB " a day ago .. I responded inquisitive and asked .. how much are they willing to pay .. The lady said : up to $17.00 an hour . I l laught at her and told her that i paid $20 an hour for guy that mows my grass .. and told her .. Be more POLITE next time !

I think it is fair to say that SoC is probably the hottest at moment. Verification too is getting there but it is an offshoot of SoC itself because the methods have changed due to mixed technology design in SoC. So I would say SoC and advanced verification is what's getting most attention.

delay

Surely market will be great for PCI Express and Hyper Transport Protocol

IN China ,I think somthing with consumer electronic,such as audio and video processing with DSP are hot

urslen said:
Surely market will be great for PCI Express and Hyper Transport Protocol

Comparing this two technology,which would take over the market?

recently , ASIC on H.264 / MPEG-4 for high digital TV become hot more and more

i think security hardware , Soc

a soc with des and aes and pki and interface with the current interface such as pci , spi ,iic,etc.

Well for me.. i guess the next big hit in this area would be SOP - system on package...

beyond SOCs here has come a new technology which is likely to take a major interest among the current researchers..

lets see how good of an impact it has..

with regards.

Recenly, as H.264 become new standard of VideoCode, the HDTV chip become more and more important

I think CDMA, IP NETWORK, DSLAM are hot topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back