Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is hot-topic in digital design now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multicore Architectures are gainind popularity..Intel is making a complete research on it...

All the topic mentionede above are hot ,I want to add ane more tha is "embeded antenna design" or microstrip antenna and smart antenna .there are variety of antennas coming that are very small size and large bandwidth can easily be intregated.

Low power, DFT, Verification methodology in my opinion

Low power is definatly hot. verification in SoC domain is also hot.

I think the hot topic in digital design is soc (system-on-chip) and noc(network-on-chip) ..lot of research is going on in this area...

IP integration
&
verification

i feel market is hot for dft , bcoz with the increase in the complexity in the design and also time to market issue need for dft has drastically increased.

it's hard to say, but the aim is to cut down the cost and improve the performance

THE HOT TOPIC IS PHYSICAL DESIGN AND TIMING ANALYSIS.

what about evolvable hardware?

is it not consider in digital design scope?

dear Designers,

my 2 cents to this discussion...

todays talk of the town is "Wireless battery charging"
there are couple of technologies available now
* electromagnetic induction
* radio reception
* resonance

If these technologies/techniques are quite successful and could be an commercial alternative is still our low power design be one of our cost function

and todays low power design techniques will loose focus or come to second priority list...
* Multi VDD
* multi Vt designs
* Intelligent power management unit
* MTCMOS
* sleep transistors
* clock gating
* DVFS(dynamic voltage and frequency scaling).....

any thoughts???

best regards,
vlsichipdesigner
https://www.vlsichipdesign.com
[Learn ASIC chip design for free]

SOC, Low-power, Mutimedia and wireless

One of the hottest technology today is mixed signal IC Design. Coz as the design becomes bigger and bigger more and more functionality is implemented in analog. So the percetage of analog part on the chip is incrasing day by day.

Also as more and more applications are becoming wireless RF design will also be one the hottest topics of research.
javed

deifinitely FPGAs...

last few years, fpgas are no more than glue logic..

now, anything is possible wiht FPGAs

and XC4VLX200-11FFG1513I quoted at $10,000 on Avnet website.... so so must say FPGAs are hot

I think HIGH SPEED INTER CONNECT (pci express,sata ,serdes) r very hot

Also low power design

low power design as everyting is going wireless ....

so hot topic, can i be absent?
communication(broadband,wireless) is hot, the market is so large , so if u find the market that nobody find it yet, u will be hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back