Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is hot-topic in digital design now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about FPGA technology? what is its future?

1, CP + ASIC+DSP
2.NoC
2. communication
4. RF

what is NoC?

I think security chips are the next trend/hotshot

steer said:
hercules007 said:
Many experts believe , NP is one of the core technologies of the next-generation network equipment!

So why AMCC and Vitesse ceased the development of new NPs?
And IBM sold its NP business... Not sure about Motorola C-Port, are new generations coming?

Really? AMCC ceased .....
I am not the market analyzer, but I think if a new technology would be popular in the world, it must has a long way to go! We shouldn't only focus on their temporary market performance!
C-port has stopped developing for a long time!
At present, Intel 's IXP series is not bad at least, hah:)

Added after 3 minutes:

arbalez said:
how about FPGA technology? what is its future?
I think it is decided by these companies, ALtera, Xilinx, Lattice!

Developing Systems using todays technology like USB, Firewire, Ethernet, PCI Express would help earn more and are really hot.

If you are simply developing some sort of IPs its not of much use.
Cheers,
Gold_kiss

for chip design, SOP may be the one.
for application feild, implementatio of new Video technologies seems to be hot.
However, I think everyone posts correct idea, here.

Can anybody give a brief introduction of SOP? Or where can I find related documents about this?

Many thanks in advance!

SOC is the most hot topic in digital design. And different region has it own topic; such as communation design, portable design, and consume design, low power is the major issue.

SOC+ARM+DSPcore is quite popular

As one said SOC verification is booming up . Here more money , time & manpower are spent compared to ASIC design cycle.

More EDA tools are coming up for HVL, like System verilog , Specman , Vera .

In my opinion the Hot areas , Embedded DSP , MPEG 4 , MP3 Decoder , Wireless applications etc

In China, I think ,dsp is hot,and some areas fpga is used widely

try to design any wireless communication module . it will help u more in job. if ur communication engineer wanna implement any model in VLSI insert of matlab. go to coding(encoder/decoder design), FFT core,AWGN channel testing, etc
u must be well knowledge in fundamentals.
enjoy

h.264 mpge-4 wlan-11abg 802.16 UWB WCDMA ...just my view

replacing analog and rfic components with mixed digital/DSP circuit techniques and digital circuits (TI and others)

i think these things are more important : FPGA ,DSP and embeded system. but i think they make no sense without real applications.

Puppet1 said:
replacing analog and rfic components with mixed digital/DSP circuit techniques and digital circuits (TI and others)

Yep, their recent designs for Bluetooth & EDGE are really astonishing!
Although I would not call it "digital deisgn", maybe "mixed-signal" is better, cause in most cases it is custom digital & mixed-signal design, not HDL-based.

design methodology and CAD tools for SoC, low power design

Big names, Small market.

Gaining some ground at access level.

hercules007 said:
steer said:
hercules007 said:
Many experts believe , NP is one of the core technologies of the next-generation network equipment!

So why AMCC and Vitesse ceased the development of new NPs?
And IBM sold its NP business... Not sure about Motorola C-Port, are new generations coming?

Really? AMCC ceased .....
I am not the market analyzer, but I think if a new technology would be popular in the world, it must has a long way to go! We shouldn't only focus on their temporary market performance!
C-port has stopped developing for a long time!
At present, Intel 's IXP series is not bad at least, hah:)

Added after 24 minutes:

eexuke said:
Can anybody share any idea? I think SoC maybe one.

Multi-core processors, Low Power........... so many interesting stuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back