Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Elaborate in ncsim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigrice911

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ncsim elaborate

I have seen many times the term of Elaborating the design, but I cannot catch it, can anyone explain it to me?

elaborate ncsim

Elaboration consists of connecting the units that were compiled, and establishing
some initial conditions.

what is elaborate

is that all? Is Elaboration a necessary step for simulation? could you give me more details?

ncsim cannot elaborate

The elaboration process actually constructs a design hierarchy according the information you gave in the design such as the instantiation,configuration ,etc to give the signal connectivity and computes some initial values for all the objects in the design ,which is stored as a snapshot(representation of your design that the simulator uses)

what is elaborte in ncsim

During compilation,the individual source files are compiled into libraries and translated to object code. During elaboration, a top-level unit is selected and,
using the configuration information, a hierarchical model is built by
recursively connecting entities and architectures into component
instances. The elaborated model is then simulated.

hope this suits you

hi, thanks guys! understood!

BTW: I have seen a lot of synthesis tools using the term elaboration, what does it mean in synthesis area? I guess it related with netlist conversion, right?

yes, In synthesis , the term elaboration means converting the rtl code into a generic netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back