Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is better Astro or SOC encounter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishalkatba

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Astro Vs SOC encounter

hi,
Can enybudy suggest me which one is better tool for perticular power critical design power ? and why ?
astro ---> synopsys or
soc encounter ----> cadence

Astro Vs SOC encounter

What people sometimes do is they have licenses for both and test with both.
Without knowing more than what you just said, I think Cadence is a superior tool, especially for low power flow.

Astro Vs SOC encounter

Low power design is best handled in the clock tree with clock gating where dynamic power is reduced. Neither tool is very good for that, but PowerCentric from Azuro is very good at reducing the power in a clock tree.

http://www.azuro.com

Astro Vs SOC encounter

I think the best tool is yourself but not any tool. Both Astro and encounter are OK when you are skillful for them.

I think it depends on your design. The tool won't do much if you didn't consider power saving in your design.

I feel overall low power flow is cadence is best. for CTS azuro is improving lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back