Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is actually meant by 50 Ohm system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdmuashr

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to understand the nature and concept of 50 Ohm system. Please view the image below to have an idea of the context of this question.

Photo0081.jpg
https://oi45.tinypic.com/f5877l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hi there

you need to repost that pic its a bit too small and badly out of focus to read what it is saying

Dave

hi there

you need to repost that pic its a bit too small and badly out of focus to read what it is saying

Dave

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I think it is now much better

Photo0087.jpg

I also have another question which image is in the following

Photo0086.jpg

A 50 ohm system means that the ratio V/I = 50. This is an impedance that is used for coaxial cables (for domestic use or video, 75 ohms is used). So in an amplifier the transistor might have an output impedance of say 100 ohms. A matching network would then be needed to reduce the impedance to 50. As every one uses 50, you can buy 50 ohm system components from any manufacturer.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back